[ExtractStream] TyStream list added to TivoWeb 1.9.3

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:07:59 -0800 (PST)

--- Stealth Dave <stealthdave@s...> wrote:
> Hello, all. I finally got my TivoNET working again (2.5.1 killed
> it,
> but 2.5.1a it works again), so I'm still getting all of the
> software
> running again.

Coolness! Glad to see you're back!

> Much to my dismay, no one had added a TyStream list to
> the TivoWeb yet (version 1.9.3).

That always bugged me - the really cool software lacked the one thing
I really *needed*...

> Luckily, this turned out
> to be
> REALLY EASY to do. This is based on Juppers' original patch, but
> is
> more self-contained, so you should be able to use it on future
> releases
> of TivoWeb.

Great!

[[snippage]]

I'd like to mention one *very* small change to your code... where you
have the statement:

--quote--
append tystreamlist "/$file"
--quote-- change it to this:
append tystreamlist " $file"
=========

at least for those of us who cut&paste the list into our telnet
session, we won't have to go back thru editing out all of those extra
slashes...

[snip]

> It doesn't automatically send you the ty streams or anything
> fancy like that, but it does tell you what they are so you can use
> ExtractStream or the tystream extraction tool of your choice to
> retrieve
> it. You can get the full version at http://tivo.lightn.org.

Most cool! Thanks a bazillion!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger