Extraction from a "netless " Sony DirecTiVo SAT60

pokemonrdobh pokemonrdobh at y...
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:35:09 -0000

I have a DirecTivo and I've used the fixed extractstream for
DirecTivo's you might beable to search for it in the
www.dealdatabase.com forms under Direct Tivo and tystream. In any
case I have a 60gb drive and I keep 20gb as ext2 space for my self
and the 40gb for tivo. I extract out to my 20gb space and then I have
ppp running on tivo and connect to linux host I have. I'm using ftp
for the file transfer. You can search the net on ppp there are
several how-to's for tivo ppp. You can alternatly just remove the
drive and mount it on a pc with linux and copy off the data from the
ext2 partition.

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Roger Merchberger <zmerch7@y...> wrote:
> --- redmr2 <redmr2@h...> wrote:
> > This is somewhat of a newbie question, but I can't seem to find a
> > good answer anywhere else .. even after looking throught the
> > archives.
> >
> > I have a Sony SAT60 ... 2.5.1, 40gb single virgin system. I
really
> > don't want to jump into the cost of a TivoNet board yet .. which
> > looks to be a royal PITA for the DirecTivo's. I have
successfully
> > removed the drive and poked around the root and var partitions
> > under
> > Mandrake 8.2 and managed to get mfstools to give me a listing of
> > the
> > MFS dirs .. and the all important backup .. just in case
> > (compressed
> > 200mb!)
>
> This was just posted a few days ago to the list: it's a different
> type of TivoNet board which doesn't require a separate ISA ethernet
> card. You just plug it onto the "PCI-like" port, and plug in an
> ethernet cable... you're done. No extenders or anything for the
> directivos... (and a little cheaper than the TivoNet, too, IIRC)
> Check here:
>
> http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=42750

> > I recompiled a static extractstream-0.2 to run under the Kaz
Linux