[ExtractStream] playitsam on linux pc

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:53:56 +1000 (EST)

In article by pokemonrdobh:
> Does anyone else have this problem, I'm using playitsam and find that
> the audio and video don't keep in sync. The audio play normally but
> the video is bursty ie it looks like it playing at a much faster then
> normal frame rate and then it pause for more data to be thown at it.
> I'm using mpeg2dec as the video player and mpg123 as the audio
> player. I'm not using amp becasue is doesn't seem to work for me.

I believe that mpeg2dec doesn't attempt to stick to the correct frame
rate at present: it just blasts as many frames onto the screen as
possible. By reading thru the mailing list archives, I can see that
eventually they want to fix this. Until then, it's not that useful,
but it will probably become useful sometime :)

Warren