Newbie alert - be gentle with me :)

derekr1232000 derekr at b...
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:11:46 -0000

Hi guys,

I'm a total newbie who's dipping his toe in the water of video
extraction from my TiVo. I've just ordered a TiVoNet card from 9th
Tee and I'm wondering about how to connect it up to my PC when it
arrives. At the moment I have a 10/100 network card with 1 RJ45
socket (connected to my cable modem) and 1 free BNC type socket. Can
I fit a similar card in my TiVo and connect the BNCs together? Or do
I have to use RJ45? (which I assume will mean buying a hub of some
sort).

Hope I'm not being too stupid. Expect more newbie type questions once
the card arrives :)

(UK Thomson PVR10 TiVo with added 120gig HD, running software version
2.5.5)

Thanks for any help.