[ExtractStream] Newbie alert - be gentle with me :)

Gary Davis gary at w...
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:30:30 -0500

Sounds like you have a combo card and if it is using the RJ connector (to
your cable modem) you won't be able to use the BNC connector. You could get
a second network card to create an internal network, which you could then
use a crossover cable to the Tivo,

With a hub, you could then add other computers in your house to your network
and share the cable modems external connection.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: gue_ebuzz [mailto:gue_ebuzz@y...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 11:15 AM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExtractStream] Newbie alert - be gentle with me :)

Oooo.. BNC. That takes me back a few years...

I would stick with the RJ45. Just get a crossover cable and connect the
tivo directly to the pc. You do not need a hub. The cable should be
cheaper, and is defintely smaller. Coax is no fun.

You will only need a hub if you have more than two devices that you want to
connect together.