Extracting to a non-SVCD format

srp336 srp336 at o...
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:17:41 -0000

Has anyone had any success in extracting to anything other than SVCD?
I'm trying without success to get to a DIVX .avi file.

I've been trying with TivoApp 2.0. Extracting as a single mpeg2 file
gives me a file that I'm told has the audio out of sync. I haven't
been able to verify that myself, because I can't seem to find a codec
for the video. I've taken this file through DVD2AVI, then through
GordianKnot and Nandub for the video. I can't seem to have much luck
with audio. I'm trying to convert it to MP3, but WinAmp seems to
start the conversion all over again once it completes it, and FreeAmp
did OK, but there seem to be nasty spikes in the finished sound.

Extracting as a separate video and audio stream gave me a video
stream, but a 0 byte audio stream.

Extracting a tyStream, and using TyConvert pretty much lead me to a
similar situation as with extracting to a single mpeg2 file.

Has anyone gotten an .avi file and how?

(and yes, I know, I'm in the minority trying to get a DIVX
file...it's actually more convenient for me... )