[ExtractStream] tivo deleting my gateway route

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:06:51 -0800 (PST)

--- "J. Scott Dorr" <merlin@f...> wrote:
> It seems that ever since my tivo upgraded its software to
> 2.5.1-01-1-000, it's
> got a nasty habit of deleting the gateway route from the routing
> table. It
> took me a while to figure this out, so making daily calls is
> something of a
> manual process, I first have to run a 'route.tivo add default gw
> xx.xx.xx.xx'
> command, and then make it do a daily call. Sometime after that,
> the route
> gets deleted.
>
> Anyone know where this is happening so I can put a stop to it?

Did you "disable" the original route command? In the original TivoNet
instructions it mentions to do this [untested, tivo at home, me at
work]:

echo '#!/bin/bash' > route

This basically gives an "executible" script in place of the original
route command that returns no error, that way the route.tivo doesn't
get disturbed...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger