[ExtractStream] SVCD Encoding..

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:27:40 -0800 (PST)

--- anddmx2001 <anddmx2001@y...> wrote:
> Everything I have been encoding lately has a series of 9 boxes up
> in
> the upper right-hand corner of the screen, and it is getting
> annoying
> now. :)
>
> Is this a stamp from the Elecard player on my machine?

Yup - it only affects MPEG playback on your commputer - it's not
xferred to any SVCDs you encode to play on your DVD player.

Also - I've found a "problem" with the elecard player - it seems the
first instance of a video segment plays *very* "dark", but any other
instance is much more normal. This is very bad when doing test
encodes for color-depth settings, as it's hard to tell "what actually
worked."

Are there any other good players out there? (I've tried PowerDVD &
WinDVD, and both seem "weird" on my "mostly normal" Win2K setup...
Maybe they're not "athlonafied?"

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger