[ExtractStream] Stand alone too? Re: TiVo freeze with mfs_export

Gene Espensen gespensen at m...
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:39:25 -0800

Grant,

I've noticed that the Tivo's are dramatically underpowered. When your
extracting is the Tivo performing any other activitie? Sometimes
killing off myworld helps. It also depends on the unit. I also had a
Dtivo that the Power supply was on the lower limit. Just adding a
ethernet card brought the supply down enough that the unit would not
power up. Remove the card and the unit worked find. Installed it in
another unit and had no problems. The QA on these units are minimal
at best.

Gene