Are my tystreams ok?

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:07:04 +1100 (EST)

Hi all,
I have been using the new playback program to extract raw ty streams
from the TiVo. However, I haven't yet been able to convert them to mpegs.

I've tried tyc on Linux, and TyConvert.exe, tyc.exe and tyMpeg.exe on Windows,
but none have been able to work with these streams.

I've uploaded three short ty streams to http://minnie.tuhs.org/E:

ConsumingPassions.ty 3.1M used tridge's tools to get this
T41688.ty 1.8M used playback 0.1 to get this
T54901.ty 2.5M used playback 0.1 to get this
playback0.1.zip 188k
playback0.2.zip 393k
playback_url.txt 1k where I obtained playback 0.1 & 0.2

Could someone have a look at these ty streams and let me know if they are
in a format which is different to that expected by the existing tools? Or
if you can convert to mpeg, please let me know!

The streams are technically not corrupt, as I can use tridge's vplay tool
to watch all three, and this tool uses amp to play the audio and mpeg2dec
to play the video on Linux.

Many thanks in advance!

Warren