[ExtractStream] TivoApp/Extractstream issues?

Edmond E. Shwayri eshwayri at n...
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:41:47 -0500

You have an older SVR-2000. Lucky you, sigh.....

You need a proper CODEC to be able to play the stream. I found that the
Elecard codec (http://pvrhack.sonnik.com/tivo/downloads/m2v_codec.exe)
would work with MediaPlayer 6 in Windows NT, but not Windows 2000/Media
Player 7. Looks like there might be a newer version and a player at
http://www.elecard.com. Might want to check it out.

As for VirtualDub, you will need to convert the MPEG2 stream into an AVI
before you can edit it (Oh joy....). This page looks interesting :
http://salfter.dyndns.org/tivo2svcd.shtml
Haven't tried it and I probably would want to end up with DivX instead of
SVCD, but the theory looks sound.