[ExtractStream] Re: TivoApp/Extractstream issues?

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:07:19 -0800 (PST)

--- cjf3h <entropi@u...> wrote:
> thanks for the tips all. i'll try em out when i get home.

> > As for VirtualDub, you will need to convert the MPEG2 stream into
>
> an AVI
> > before you can edit it (Oh joy....). This page looks interesting
> :
> > http://salfter.dyndns.org/tivo2svcd.shtml
> > Haven't tried it and I probably would want to end up with DivX
> instead of
> > SVCD, but the theory looks sound.

That page looks like it's got some good tips to it, but there are
some [well, I seem to consider] major technical flaws to it... for an
alternative view, try this:

http://www.30below.com/~zmerch/tivo/index.cfm

> anyone know of a decent free mpeg (1 or 2) editor just to save a
> conversion step? all i really need out of it is cropping/cutting so
> can cut out commercials..even joining the slices back together is
> optional really.

I have instructions on my page (see above) on how to transcode
straight to MPEG2 - no huge AVI's required. I need to change my page
tomorrow, as steps 8 & 9 can be streamlined - but this will give you
a good start.

I also have some other links on my page with ideas, too.

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger