[ExtractStream] Re: Playitsam: another tystream editing tool

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:22:03 +1000 (EST)

In article by mikertx:
> Awesome work, and so well documented! Any idea if it will
> work on 2.X? I need to do a new backup before giving it a shot.

It's pretty non-invasive, i.e it doesn't write on the TiVo disk
anywhere unless you save to a Unix file, so it's pretty safe.
I'd like report on 2.X machines.

> Also, I'm guessing that you have some plans to implement
> an on screen playback list from the tyserver?

Yes, eventually I'd like to bring up a menu if the user doesn't provide
an inputsource. It should list the `Now Showing' recordings plus the ones
from the tyserver.

> Is is possible to add these to the existing "Now Playing"
> selections?
> Mike Reid

What you're asking for is to be able to create new tystreams in the MFS.
That's theoretically possible, but it means we have to work out how to
allocate sectors and mark them as being in use. I can see the MFS being
corrupted for the early versions of this feature. I only have one TiVo,
so I might get someone else to do this :)

Warren