playitsam

mikertx mike at i...
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:20:29 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Warren Toomey <wkt@t...> wrote:

> I need to find a simple way of determining what version of software
the
> TiVo is running. Any ideas? Can people send me the contents of
> /etc/build-version for the various TiVos, 2.5.1, 2.x, DirectTiVos
and SAs?

OK, I've verified that "switcherstart" works for 2.5.1. I
compiled playitsam with the change and now when I run with the
-M option it properly restarts MyWorld. Before this it worked
fine but it would do a full reboot upon exit.

You'll probably want to find a nicer way to check build version
but I just checked for "momstart" vs "switcherstart" existence
in my hack. Here's the diff:

102c102
< /* First run momstart */
---
> /* First run momstart or switcherstart */
106c106,119
< case 0: execl("/tvbin/momstart", "/tvbin/momstart", "-m", NULL);
exit(1);
---
> case 0: fd=open("/tvbin/momstart", O_RDONLY);
> if (fd >= 0) {
> close(fd);
> execl("/tvbin/momstart", "/tvbin/momstart", "-m",
NULL);
> exit(1);
> }
> close(fd);
> fd=open("/tvbin/switcherstart", O_RDONLY);
> if (fd >= 0) {
> close(fd);
> execl("/tvbin/switcherstart", "/tvbin/switcherstart",
"-m", NULL);