Latest experimental version of Playitsam

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:45:53 +1000 (EST)

Hi all,
I've written an experimental version of Playitsam, available at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Playitsam

In this version, I try to cut the video MPEG stream on Group of Picture
(GOP) boundaries. The idea came from GOPchop at
http://outflux.net/unix/software/GOPchop/

I'm getting close to being able to edit out ads on the TiVo, and exporting
a tystream that can be converted into a valid MPEG-2 stream. Eventually, I
want to build the MPEG-2 conversion directly into Playitsam, so that you
can edit and save MPEG-2s directly from the TiVo.

I need someone who has lots more knowledge of the structure of MPEG-2s
to help me get it really right.

Please have a look at this new version, especially if you're an MPEG
person. I also include a tool called vsplit which is what I use to
split my tystreams up into audio and video components.

I still need some 2.0.1 users to tell me how to restart MyWorld on their
systems too!

Cheers,
Warren