[ExtractStream] Re: Latest experimental version of Playitsam

Warren Toomey wkt at t...
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:19:44 +1000 (EST)

In article by pokemonrdobh:
> This is an interesting program, but on my DTivo I only get video, no
> audio. Is there a magic trick or do DTivo's do things diffrently
> enought that an application such as this one requres a rewrite ?

Probably a bit of a rewrite. I wonder if the audio device is different
(e.g in name, or in the expected format).

Could you use Playitsam to extract just a few chunks of a program,
say 10, and somehow send them to me. I can then check that the data
make sense. I can also send you an audio stream, and you can do this:

% cat audio_stream > /dev/mpeg0v

If that works, then it must be the data format. If that fails, then
we know that is where the problem is.

Warren

P.S Any other DTivo users there who have tried Playitsam? What are your
experiences?