[ExtractStream] Hosting the list elsewhere?

Marc MERLIN marc_yh at m...
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 12:03:34 -0700

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 07:43:52AM -0800, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> FYI from another list I'm on... thought y'all might be interested.
>
> I have a Yahoo email account, so I followed the instructions, and sure
> enough, Yahoo *did* opt me in for all their new "marketing information"
> (read: spam).

Yes, I know, this is a *very* late answer, but has there ever been a push to
switch away from yahoogroups?
I can easily host list this on mailman (I'm a mailman developer), and host
it for free (not that it would be without reply-to munging, which is
inherently evil, and cause of personal mails being sent back to the whole
list by mistake)
I'm listmaster for work (includes lists.sourceforge.net), so I don't exactly
have a problem hosting another list :-)

The ads at the bottom are sometimes enough to trigger spamassassin by
themselves and cause some mails not to be seen by a percentage of the list
subscribers, and like some of you I don't want to be using yahoogroups and
yahoo having my Email for anything...

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@m... for PGP key