Finds FSID's but extracts wrong video

kjbeach000 kjbeach000 at y...
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 12:59:00 -0000

That would be EXACTLY it! Thanks! I am currently running 80+100. I
had not come across this information before. I do remember reading
something about how there used to be a problem with two disks in
general, but I thought I also read somewhere that it was fixed.

I will search the archives for this answer, but if someone wants to
make it easy on me, do any of the tools out there handle the case of
two large disks?

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Gary Williams" <garyw90@e...> wrote:
> Is there a chance you have one or more large hard disks in your
Tivo? the
> ExtractStream that comes with Tivoapp generally only works for
disks around
> 80GB or less, and somewhere beyond that the math changes slightly
so the
> FSID to sector mapping code doesn't work the same. That may be why
you are
> getting a different show.

TivoApp
> 2.2.0, and TivoWeb 1.9.4-beta3. I also recently used the new
> MFSTools 2.0 to add another hard drive, but I am not sure if that
> makes a difference in this scenario.
>
> TivoApp will get the FSIDs and extract the correct "amount" of
data
> (IOW, if TivoWeb says the show is 350 MB, then I get a 350 MB .ty
> file). Unfortunately when I convert the file to mpg, it is a
> completely different show. Since I record various things at
> different quality, there does not seem to be a correlation between
> the length of the mpg and the length of the show.
>
> It sounds like some people have had some success with TivoApp and
SA-