[ExtractStream] Re: TyTool #5 is out.

Scott Alfter yahoo at s...
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:51:35 -0700

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 12:32:15PM -0000, agassi_1_fan wrote:
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., Scott Alfter <yahoo@s...> wrote:
> > Just got around to trying [TyTool]...it's extracting a show now that both
> > ExtractStream and sendstream choked on (whether called through TivoApp
> > or at the shell prompt). It was humming along pretty nicely...got past
> > the point where sendstream punted, but it ended up choking later in the
> > file. I'm rerunning it with the "verbosity level" turned up to 3 to see
> > if it'll produce any error messages.

I think it ended up being a one-time glitch, as the extraction worked OK the
second time. It froze up at the end (maybe it was still grinding away; I've
noticed similar behavior with ExtractStream and sendstream), but I was able
to kill the program, restart it, and split the .ty file that was extracted
(TyConvert didn't like it very much, for whatever reason).

> Try out the version of mfs_export2 from my website (works like
> extractstream).
>
> This is Tridges mfs_export modified to accept multiple FSIDs.
> If it works, use vsplit to split the ty file up.

I'm always up for giving new software a shot. :-) I'm trying to find as
foolproof a method as possible to put in my TiVo-to-SVCD guide.

_/_
/ v \ Scott Alfter (salfter@s...)
(IIGS( http://salfter.dyndns.org
\_^_/ rm -rf /bin/laden