samba

agassi_1_fan lmurray at r...
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:59:55 -0000

Samba... we'll sorta. Here's the commands I use.

insmod -f smbfs-2.0.1.o

(You'll get some message about the version being wrong.. ignore it.)

smbmount //pc/CDRIVE /mnt/windows/ -I 192.168.1.2 -P password

Where pc is the name of my pc,
CDRIVE is the name of the drive that is shared

/mnt/windows is the area on the tivo to mount it. (I created the
directory windows under mnt)

192.168.1.2 is the ip address of my windows box.

and password is my password to the share. You only need this if that
drive is password protected.

Anyway... Sometimes smb fails, and other times it reboots my tivo.
I'd say it works maybe 50% of the time. When the mount takes hold,
it sticks around for a few days though.
YMMV

The smb files can be found on a number a sites, including the
pvrhack.com site.

I also mirror the files here:
http://themurrays.homeip.net/downloads/tivo/for_tivo

good luck,