[ExtractStream] Series 2 Video Extracting?

Erik Schmith mail23 at a...
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:18:55 -0400

I bought and installed the USB adapter in order to let the Tivo do it's
update calls via my broadband connection rather than the phone line.

I know almost nothing about Linux, and having read much of the posting
in the popular Tivo forums, am still under the impression that it's not
possible to set up a Series 2 unit to allow a Bash prompt remotely (via
serial or Telnet access).

I'm not sure about adding stuff by way of removing the drive and booting
to a command prompt on a computer

-----Original Message-----
From: balance_07 [mailto:balance_07@y...]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 8:25 PM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ExtractStream] Series 2 Video Extracting?

I have searched everywhere and asked everyone but have yet to find
the answer to this. Is it currently possible to extract video from a
TiVo Series 2 unit like is possible w/ a Series 1? If not, what are
the USB Ethernet Adapters being sold on 9thtee for? And anyone got
some advice on where I'd have a good chance finding a new Series 1?

Thanks in advance...

/balance07

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor