[ExtractStream] convert to divx?

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Schoenborn <mjs@h...> wrote:
> The aggravating part of all this is all the damn button pushing...
> mouse
> selecting files from dialog boxes, mousing for codecs, pushing
> buttons
> to configure things, ugh! I wish Windows programmers would wake up
> and
> realize the power of command line tools, piping, and batch
> operations.
> Frame serving is a nice start, but it's still way too manual. I'm
> tired
> of "interacting" with my computer, that novelty wore off years ago;
> just want it to do the damn job, according to my scripted
> instructions,
> and be done with it! I'm hoping AVISynth will be the answer to my
> prayers, but I haven't had time to work with it yet.
>
> (Thanks all for letting me rant. I feel much better now.)

For fear of going totally OT, I agree... I'd give my left nut for a
Linux/Winders 'utility' that gave me total keyboard control of any
app and a hotkey to switch between 'virtual screens' the way my Tandy
Color Computer & OS-9 did (No, not that Mac thingy...) - I could
literally get as much work done on a 2Mhz 6809 & 512K as I can on my
450Mhz Celeron w/512Megs -- except I still had room for a 200K
RAMdisk on the CoCo... ;-)

Ah well... wait till I get my STacy stable... [the soldering iron
needs to reign supreme...] then I'll really show y'all something...
;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger