3.0 and TyTool

jewser joshua at b...
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 19:16:00 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Karl" <kfeltner@b...> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Well TIVO sent thru the 3.0 upgrade yesterday.... so it's back to
square one. I must say the unit config'd in a snap to use TivoNet for
daily updates over broadband. (I use DHCP on my home network)
> Has anyone installed the usual tools (other than TivoWeb) ftp,
TyTool etc? Any problems I should be aware of? Does not having
tivoweb (generating an html page/info) cause any problems with
TyTool? I don't use that feature anyway.

Yeah there are people using 3.0. I still have not been upgraded so I
am not one of them. As a result. The NowShowing.tcl file that I use
with TyTool no longer works. But you go to the same sticky thread on
the DealDatabase.com/forum you will find a version specifically
upgraded for 3.0 by someone else. I have no way to test it but the
author of the changes and many other have reported complete success
using this new version.

--jdiner