[ExtractStream] Re: 3.0 and TyTool

Rob Royse rob at r...
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:19:48 -0500

Just trying to be helpful, Mate. I don't like tearing my Tivo apart anymore
than the next person does. I am more than happy to see that support has been
added (at least I hope so, as mine hasn't taken 3.0 yet).

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Loftis [mailto:mloftis@w...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:56 PM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [ExtractStream] Re: 3.0 and TyTool

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=
<http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54620>
&threadid=54620

That link apparently has some information about it (spotted it on /. so I
HAVEN'T YET READ IT)

Rob Royse wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that with the 3.0
software, there is a backdoor code than enables "unofficial" support for the
Tivo/TurboNet cards so that the days of taking the Tivo down, removing the
drive, and manually adding the lines to rc.sysinit are gone. Is that not the
case?

Thanks,

Rob