[ExtractStream] Re: 3.0 and TyTool

Michael Loftis mloftis at w...
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:04:45 -0700

Well I'll be damned.... The TiVo apparently got itself a DHCP lease and
it is on the net, ish.... Now to see if I can DO anything witht hat...

Quote from the thread I posted above....

Some quick hints: your DHCP server must be running and properly
configured, and your dongle must be plugged in, at the time that the
Series 2 system boots, in order for the interface to work... there's
no "hot-plug" support yet. You must enter the special ",#401"
non-documented phone-dialing prefix to enable daily calls via
Ethernet. Once you've entered this code, daily calls will take place
via Ethernet or not at all... there's no fallback to the modem if the
USB Ethernet dongle is disconnected, or your Internet connection goes
down, or etc.

enduote

So lets see what happens when I enter ,#401 as the prefix....AND IT WORKS!!!
WOOT WOOOT WOOT!
Now to get a shell prompt YUMMY....