[ExtractStream] 3.0 & extraction & Mac OS X

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:23:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Matthew Barr <mbarr@m...> wrote:

> I've successfully exported a couple of files from the Tivo using
> Tivo App.
> Only problem is that the Mac (w/ OSX) doesn't support Mpeg-2, nor
> does tyc
> work on it. Is anyone doing any work w/ tyc or other command line
> tools
> that might be portable to OSX?

Check my webpage: http://tivo.30below.com/zmerch
and download the source to zss & try to compile it. It's fairly well
basic C/C++ - it compiles equally well under Linux & Win32...

There might be a few small tweaks to the code, but AFAIK it's not
hard porting linux code to OSX.

If you are successful, please .sit or .hqx (or whatever the Mac's
using nowadays for a compression tool) a binary for me please! I can
put it on my webpage...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger