Is e2fsck safe

stacker1001 stacker1001 at y...
Sun, 03 Mar 2002 18:26:26 -0000

After adding tivoftpd and httpd-tt.tcl to my rc.sysinit file my Tivo
has ceased booting. I've remounted the A disk in my PC and have
mounted the hdd4 partition and the rc.sysinit file seems to be
corrupt. Unfortunately it will not let me remove it (I made a
backup copy of the file beforehand) It keeps giving me a File
Input/Output error when I try to do anything to the file (cp, mv,
rm, cat) The file rc.sysinit also only appears when I do a "ls" but
when I do a "ls -al" its not there. Please help me.

Missing my Tivo
Josh