TiVo freeze with mfs_export

mikertx mike at i...
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:20:44 -0000

--- I wrote:

> Last night I killed EventSwitcher and MfsDaemon and then
> started up vserver. I then queued up a bunch of mfs_exports
> on my linux box and went to bed. This morning all of the
> extractions were complete and the tivo was NOT frozen up.
> I restarted switcherstart and myworld and all was well.
>
> Looks like my problem is rooted in some conflict between
> the tivo application and mfs_export. At least I have
> a workable flow.

Looks like the flow is not so good. When I tried to extract
a longer list of tystreams my TiVo froze up again even with
the user interface killed off. :(

I checked log files but did not see anything useful. I then
hacked up Playitsam and added a record only option to allow me
to batch up a bunch of transfer. It also locked up the TiVo
after about 3 tystreams were transfered. This was with the
user interface of the TiVo running so I then killed that stuff
off and tried again. This time Playitsam ran all night long
and transferred about 20GB of tystreams to my linux box without
freezing the TiVo.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Thank,
--