Audio Sync Frustration

Michael Patterson mpatterson at a...
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 10:30:57 -0700

I keep beating my head against a brick wall, but I really want to get this
to work :)

*1* I use TivoApp to extract the ty stream.
*2* I use tyc to convert the stream into an MPEG file.

I can play this file in PowerDVD-- although I'm not allowed to fast forward
or rewind. I can NOT use this file in TMPEG, VisualDub, M2Edit, etc.

This file has accurate sync throughout the video.

*3* I use DVD2AVI's "save as project" on the MPEG file. This creates two
files-- a video file, and an audio file with "offset xxx" in the filename.

At this point, I try a variety of things. The end result is all the same--
the audio is out of sync with the video. By adding/removing sound from the
front of the audio file, I can re-sync correctly at the beginning of the
video-- but by the end of the video, the sync is off again!

Help!

--Mike