[ExtractStream] Lip Sync with mplex and netmplex

Grant Stockly grant at s...
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 18:09:01 -0900

At 12:02 AM 3/7/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I use 32K, 128 Bit MP3 for audio. As for video, I used to use DivX3 with
>a bit-rate of 1500. Now, I use DivX4.12. I set it to two pass and then
>set the bit-rate to whatever will make it fit on 1 CD (if at all
>possible). The value depends on the source. If its a recording off an
>analog channel I have to set the bit-rate lower since it doesn't compress
>as well as a digital source. I try for between 1500 and 2000. On Glory
>Days (45min) which I have been recording from an analog station, I use
>1900. 2000 would probably work, but 1900 is safer.
>
>As for the size, why would you want to keep it at 480x480 in AVI
>format. Most AVI players do not automatically re-size while playing
>back. The order I use is :

I never resize the image. I use the PowerDivx player which lets me set
aspect ratio's on the fly. If I crop the image, I leave it at an even
resolution. StarTrek Enterprise ends up having the bottom half of UPN cut
off, but thats it.

Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade my data projector. Right now I've got a
Sony 1031 with RGB inputs. I can ONLY use a vga card that supports
composite h/v sync. : ) Its important for a divx player to support
changing the aspect ratio since my projector only supports 4:3 or 16:9, but
not both at the same time. I have to retune ~30 analog controls to get
each ratio set.

Grant