[ExtractStream] New version of zss available... lotsa added features!

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 07:37:57 -0800 (PST)

--- "Edmond E. Shwayri" <eshwayri@n...> wrote:

> Multi-chunk buffering?

> If you want me to try and debug or test let me know. BTW, you've
> compiled it for Windows or Linux?

If I get in a real jam, I'll let you know... but for me anyway, the
whole point of this was to learn, and how can I learn if someone else
does my homework??? ;-)
Arrays of pointers & pointers to pointers & whatnot are just blowin'
my mind... hard to believe that I consider 6809 assembly (with it's
"program counter relative" and indexing modes) *easier*...
But I'm learning... Hopefully I'll learn enough C this time that I
won't forget it in 6 months. :-)

And it's compiled under 32-bit DOS-like Cygwin's gcc. I don't think
it'll compile anything for a windowed environment (other than
ncurses, and unless ncurses is as easy to program windows in as OS-9
& Basic09 [Think: Tandy Color Computers, not MacOS] I doubt I'll
worry about it.) - When I get everything working at my new house
(including networking & whatnot) I'll be able to compile under Linux
pretty easily, but that won't be for at least a few weeks.

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger