[ExtractStream] Re: Chunk 0 and 4095

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:08:57 -0800 (PST)

--- skygolightly <sky@o...> wrote:
> --- In ExtractStream@y..., Grant Stockly <grant@s...> wrote:
> > At 10:46 AM 3/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> > >Anything else you can think of (that an old klunker like me
> might be
> > >able to do :-) ???
> > >
> > >HTH,
> > >Roger "Merch" Merchberger
> >
> > I really want a good ty conversion program that generates a
> single
> mpg file
> > in sync. : )

And wash the breakfast dishes for me, too!!! ;-)

I'm working on the 'in sync' but I'll have to learn more about MPEG
before I'll know how to knit the streams back together...

> that and edit out the commercials for me :)

And believe it or not, this is kinda where I'm going - my next stages
is to learn about the differences between GOP / I / B / P frames, and
find the smallest GOP frames - those are *prolly* the blank spaces
between commercials & programs, then I'll be able to develop a
pattern of these to "guess" where the commercials are, and then
eventually, automagically output only the "big chunks of video" which
would be everything but the commercials...

I'm going to be offline at home prolly until the end of the week -
Mr. Ameritech *just* hooked up my ISDN line <whohoo! 64K cheaper than
44K!> and prolly in a month I'll have high-speed wireless access...
but right now my computer's in pieces, so it'll be a few days before
I have everything moved to the new house to set up.

I have a few more changes penciled in for zss - the ability to append
to logfiles, audio & video files... and also the ability to do
"logging only" - just to get statistics of the tystream... but they
won't be compiled & uploaded until prolly the weekend, or so...

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger