[ExtractStream] New version of zss available... lotsa added features!

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:42:59 -0800 (PST)

--- "Edmond E. Shwayri" <eshwayri@n...> wrote:

[[ I tried clipping out the HTML... but no guarantees... :-( ]]

> Its not the "Save HD Space" option (or whatever its called -
> can't remember). I have that turned on and I don't get bad sequence
> errors in the middle of any of my files. Does anyone know
> what this option really does?

Yes, it enables the Tivo to record in VBR mode instead of CBR mode...
AFAIK, it doesn't change the audio recording in any way; just the
video - but don't quote me on that, for IANATCE. {I Am Not A Tivo
Company Engineer ;-) }

> I have a 1 hr show recorded in high quality it takes 1,459,617,792
> space. Could someone who has this option turned off tell me what
> their extracted Ty stream takes?

My 1 hour high-quality tivo streams usually consume 1.6G - 1.65G of
space, give or take .05G.

> I was thinking maybe this might have to do with my offset issues
> (why they are as high as -512), but that makes no sense for me
> because I have too much audio and not too little.

But what if you have the right amount of audio, but too little video,
from the 'saved space' VBR setting? [I'm sure I worded that wrong...
but it'll take me longer to fix it than it will for y'all to laugh at

Would that make it look like you have "too much audio?" Just throwing
out possibilities... Can't hurt to try a few shows with the VBR
turned off, and see what happens.

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger