tyConvert memory error

cmcarson2000 cmcarson2000 at y...
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 08:26:47 -0000

I downloaded PowerDVD. I think there is a codec issue here. Most
mpeg players don't recognize tyConvert's mplexed (audio & video)
file. PowerDVD is able to read and play it.

I found a neat Adobe premier plug-in that encodes an mpeg movie into
the required DVD system files. At that point, I'll be able to burn
to DVD but Premier is having the same problem as the other mpeg
players. As soon as I try and open the audio/video mpeg file that
tyConvert created, there's a "cannot read file format" error. The
funny thing is, if I use tyConvert to split the audio and video into
seperate files, most every mpeg player can then play the audio &
video seperately with no problems. Has anyone figured out why this
is happening? More importantly, how can this be fixed?!?! I'm
closer than ever to burning to DVD but I can't seem to mplex the mpeg
video/audio file to a standard, compatible format.

Thanks,

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Grant Stockly <grant@s...> wrote:
> What did you do to make the single mpg file play?
>
> Grant
>

> >I got it!!! Woo hoo!!! I conquered Tivo!!! I'm so happy!!!
> >
> >Thanks for the help guys.
> >
> >--- In ExtractStream@y..., "cmcarson2000" <cmcarson2000@y...>
wrote:
> > > Thanks. I was able to get tyConvert to work but now I can't
seem
> > > get the newly encoded .mpg file to play in a player. If I opt
for
> > > the "seperate files" option, I'm able to listen to the audio and
> > > watch the video but if I try to tyConvert the raw tystream into
1
> > > file, none of my mpeg players can play that file. I've tried
using
> > > Quicktime, mplayer, real audio. I feel so close to successfully
> > > converting a Tivo clip to an audio/video mpeg file. If someone
can
> > > point me in the right direction one last time I promise I won't
bug
> > > anyone ever again for the rest of my life. :)
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Corey

> >always
> >it,