[ExtractStream] TiVo/DVB & DVD

Pauley, Michael michael.pauley at g...
Wed, 8 May 2002 17:07:12 -0400

I have gotten the streams to work on DVD and I have very little problems.
The only difference is I use ULEAD DVD Workshop to author the DVDs.

-----Original Message-----
From: kill1967 [mailto:johngibb@c...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 4:48 PM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [ExtractStream] TiVo/DVB & DVD

Has anyone been able to create a DVD-R/DVD+R from an extracted TiVo
stream ?

I've been trying to create a cDVD/miniDVD from MPEG2 files extracted
from a PAL TiVo stream, however the combination of software used,
mfs_stream_pri1, nc, tivoapp (only to extract the .ty, as any other
option crashes out on my laptop) and the wonderful tyconvertstream
(for us PAL people), results in errors when I try to process the
MPEG2 within DVDit PE.

I repeatedly get errors that the GOP data needs to be preceeded by
sequence headers, but no matter how I tweak the output from tmpgenc
(forgot to mention that I'm using this to alter the DVB spec from
TiVo to DVD standard) results in the same problems.

I've not tried the latest version of tyconvertstream yet, but I'm not
sure whether the sequence headers are stripped out before that
process.

Since my nice new Sony DVD+RW/+R is due to arrive in a few days, I'm
really looking for any help on doing a proper convertion.

Many thanks.