TivoApp Conversion Not Working

skorous skorous at y...
Fri, 10 May 2002 13:16:23 -0000

--- In ExtractStream@y..., "Farnsworthr" <farnsworthr@y...> wrote:
> Ok, I have gotten a few files off of the TIVO successfully using
> TIVOAPPS' mpeg option. The problem is, is sometimes it works and
> other times I get a file that crashes my mpeg player. I have
tried
> pulling seperate streams also, but still run into the same
problem.
> What I don't understand is why does it work only sometimes? I
know
> this isn't a perfected science, but any suggestions are certainly
> welcome. Thanks.

Which MPEG player(s) are you using? What I've noticed (though I
don't use TivoApp that after) is that they seem to play ok in DVD
playing software but not in M$ Media Player or such. I assume
there's something different in the DVD style players that allow them
to handle the stream. However, when I pull seperate streams and
either MUX or re-encode them I don't have any problems.

Skorous