Divx

kill1967 johngibb at c...
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:50:25 -0000

I found a link to this on google in the vidomi forum, which I clicked
on. The guy was basically saying thanks for incorporating .ty
decoding in the new version.

I'll track down the link

Here it is.... (though of course this guy could be mistaken)

http://www.vidomi.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1981&forum=4

Copied from their forum...

First, let me say thanks for the .ty file support! One less step now
trying to get stuff off my tivo into divx/xvid. My problem however is
that when vidomi reads in the .ty lots, and I mean *lots* of
artifacts are introduced. These artifacts do not appear if I use
tyconvert to make the .ty's into mpeg2's and then use vidomi on the
mpeg2's.

Marty, if you want a .ty I can provide you with one, but it would
need to be a minute or two to see what I'm talking about, and thus
too big to email. If you want I can setup some other way for you to
get it.

Thanks again for vidomi!

--- In ExtractStream@y..., Michael Loftis <mloftis@w...> wrote:
> Uhm, no. They'll decode MPEG2 but not TiVo, nowhere on their site
does
> it mention TiVo nor .ty streams. Where did you see this
information?

> kill1967 wrote:
>
> >Well Digital to Analogue conversion will reduce the quality of your
> >image on video tape, plus videotape isn't a suitable archive medium
> >with a nominal life span of around 10 years.
> >
> >A straight digital to digital copy would be better, but MPEG2 to
DiVX