[ExtractStream] Ok. TyTool Alpha #2 released...

Don Starr don at s...
Tue, 28 May 2002 09:49:34 -0700

Slight annoyance, but nothing that can't be overcome by the user with
some manual intervention...

The edit control that contains log messages stops accepting new text
once it hits 30,000 characters (I wrote a little app that grabs the
control's handle, then sends it an EM_GETLIMITTEXT message).

Potential solutions:
1. Automatically prune old data from the beginning (though this would
kill the audio offset info).
2. Provide a button that will clear the control.
3. Allow logging to a file (perhaps in combination with #1 above).
4. Send the control an EM_SETLIMITTEXT message. For '95 and '98,
you'll still be limited to 0xFFFF characters, but at least people
using NT, 2K, or XP could get 0xFFFFFFFF characters.
5. Maybe allow some filtering of messages.
6. Write certain messages (like the audio offset info!) to another
control.

This may not be high on the priority list, but it kind of p!#$#ed me
off that I couldn't get the audio offsets after moving 6 hours (7.3
GB) of data. The manual intervention I mentioned above would be
closing and restarting TyTool after every show, in the hopes that the
edit control won't hit the limit with the messages from just one
operation.

-Don