Newbie Questions...

cichowicz tomc at m...
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:10:29 -0000

I really can't answer your question with any certianty...

but there is as much risk hacking into your tivo if and when you
get to a "bash" prompt - as there is removing the harddrives and
putting them in your PC. (Maybe more & easier!) So if you could just
connect a terminal or PC running HyperTerminal or the like, and get
in and setup via zmodem or even over your network via a USB
connection, You can still VERY break your TiVo, if you don't know
what you are doing.

I'm not much of a linux hacker, I've dabbled over the years... I do
know my way around alittle, but I wouldn't reccommend doing a lot of
this stuff to those not comfortable with it.