[ExtractStream] TyTool questions

Roger Merchberger zmerch7 at y...
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:31:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- ondzes6 <dao@p...> wrote:
> I used TyTool (v2) and it successfully extracted a 6 part two hour
> show recorded on BEST quality.
>
> I now have a 3 gig file sitting on my PC. Is there a way to extract
> the stream in cdrom size chuncks, like TivoApp can do ? I plan to
> get
> a DVD writer soon and would like to archive the raw streams to cd
> for
> processing later.

Install the Cygwin utilities (www.cygwin.com) and this will give you
many wonderful *nix utilities on your Winders box -- one of which is
"split" which you can use to split a file into as many chunks as
necessary to fit the size media you need.

> Now that I have the extracted file what is the latest method (Linux
> or Windows) for converting it to (S)VCD ?

Dunno about the latest, but my method will still work fine with the
extracted .ty file -- provided you split up the TMPGenc files to try
to get an acceptable bitrate across however many SVCD's you want and
figure where you want the 'program breaks' to be -- I've fit 55
minutes of video to an SVCD, but it looked like crap. ;-)
HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger