[ExtractStream] Re: Audio Synchronisation - Does Anyone have the Answers ?

Don Starr don at s...
Wed, 29 May 2002 19:51:55 -0700

Correction: the name of the MPA file generated by DVD2AVI is "show MPA
T01 DELAY 0ms.mpa".

It is also identical to the M2A file generated by the vsplit embedded
in Tivo Client, which tells me that I can eliminate my steps 2 and 3
below, instead using TMPGEnc's NTSC DVD wizard to generate a 720x480
MPG from the original m2v and m2a.

That still leaves me with the big audio offset, however.

-----Original Message-----
From: donstarr [mailto:don@s...]
Sent:	Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:39 PM
To:	ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject:	[ExtractStream] Re: Audio Synchronisation - Does Anyone have
the Answers ?

Here are my steps, similar to Mark's yet I'm getting monstrous audio
offsets:

1. Use the new Tivo Client and tserver_mfs (from the 27 May 2002
version of tytool2.zip) to extract and split (e.g. yielding show.m2v
and show.m2a).
2. TMPGEnc -> MPEG Tools -> Simple mux to generate show.mpg from the
m2v and m2a files.
(playing this mpg in PowerDVD exhibits the audio offsets)
3. Use DVD2AVI to generate show.d2v and show.mpa from show.mpg
4. TMPGEnc wizard (DVD NTSC) to generate show_dvd.mpg from show.d2v
and show.mpa

The resulting show_dvd.mpg is still exhibiting ~150ms (guess, by
observation) audio offset, in both PowerDVD and WMP. The split
operation in Tivo Client told me that the audio was 7 ms early.

Do I have extra steps in there (i.e. muxing to the first MPEG, then
generating the NTSC DVD MPEG in DVD2AV)? Am I totally missing some
setting or option in one of these that would give me the audio
offsets?

-Don