[Extractstream [MM]] New GPLed demux (split) tool for Dtivo - need help with SA streams

Olaf Beck olaf_sc at yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:29:27 -0800

Hello Folks,

I have coded a new tool tydemux to split Dtivo TyStreams it's working nice for
me but I only have Dtivo ver 2.5.2. Hence I need help with debugging
(testing) and also samples of SA Tivo and UK Tivo streams so I can make it
work with those models too. Tydemux comes in both a Linux and a Windows
version + sources for all other Unix systems (but it's only tested on Linux
and Windows).

The final goal is to produce  SVCD and DVD compliant MPEG streams directly
from the TyStream (i.e. remux). At the moment I'm working on the internal
tanscode of the audio (AC3 48kHz to AC3/MPEG Layer II 44.1kHz) it's working
but the sound quality is not up to spec so it's ifdef out in the release
code.

Anyways tydemux is quite easy to use  just do

tydemux -i my_ty_stream -v video_out -a audio_out

tydemux will probe the stream for audio type (AC3/MPEG) and extract the right
audio stream based on it's finding during the probe. There is naturally has
functions to jump to specific start sectors and also to set the audio type
manually. Just remember it's Dtivo only (well you can go a head and test in
on a SA/UK - it's just that I don't have one so I can't test those streams).

If you get a audio pes size error during the split it's not fatal but I'm very
interested to get a sample of your stream.

Speaking of samples and streams, I have set up a ftp server where you can
upload TyStream (not download this is a upload only server). I have also made
a special sample prog which is included in the zip file. It will collect 10 *
10MB  samples from the stream. Hence you don't need to upload the whole
stream if you want. You can naturally upload the whole stream too but let try
to keep the file size under 700MB.  Another way to make a small sample is to
use dd* - just do "dd if=yourtysteam of=stream_to_send bs=131072 count=30
skip=0" this will sample 30 chunks of the stream starting at chunk zero - just
change the count and skip to the right part of the stream you want the sample
from.

* Windows version avaliable in this zip
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/UnxUpdates.zip

The IP for the ftp server is 66.121.15.34, use ftp / email as login and passwd
- then change to the upload dir before you send the file.

Cheers and thanks in advance Olaf

PS: It would be nice if the file name of the file you upload could include
some info such as SA/UK/DTIVO, email address, TIVO version it would make
things so much easier.

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: tydemux.zip
Type: application/x-zip