[Extractstream [MM]] FW: [ExtractStream] audio syncing problems

Roger Ly RLy at homestead-inc.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:52:03 -0800

Adding to this list as well...=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Ly=20
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 10:27 AM
To: ExtractStream@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ExtractStream] audio syncing problems
=20
Hey Don,
=20
Tried it last night, and it doesn't seem to be working correctly.
=20
I tried three things:
=20
1.	Using my compressed audio file that I had manually set to be the
same length as the video stream.  I also used the frame rate setting you
suggested, and it seemed to have the same syncing problems as before.
Frame rate adjusted from 29.97 to 29.71
2.	Just extracting the audio, doing WinAmp->Wav conversion and then
CoolEdit -> 48KHz conversion.  (not compressing the audio length to the
exact length of the video stream)  Using that audio stream in VirtualDub
using the frame rate setting you suggested.  It's still off, probably
about the same as it was before.  At the beginning its fine.  After 8
minutes, it is about half a second or so off (audio comes before the
video).  Frame rate adjusted from 29.97 to 29.73
3.	Using besweet, lame and ssrc to convert and 48Khz at the same
time.  The interesting thing is that it made my audio file a good 100
minutes LONGER than my video.  Using WinAmp and CoolEdit only seemed to
make it 20 or 30 seconds longer.  Also, when I tried to set the frame
rate setting as you suggested, the audio offset was completely off.  I'm
not exactly sure why.  (When I say off, I mean a good 40 or 50 seconds
off early on... I assume it got much worse as you watched more and
more).  Frame rate adjusted from 29.97 to 23.21!!!!
=20
So they all seem to be off (the first two are pretty similar to my
original tests, and the third one was just completely wrong).
=20
Let me verify that I changed the correct setting.  The frame rate match
option should decrease my video frame rate a little if I choose that
option, correct?  (Assuming, as in my case, the audio is longer than the
video).  I was kind of hoping it could drop a couple of audio frames and
keep the video at 29.97, but oh well...
=20
Are there any other suggestions? =20
=20