[Extractstream [MM]] HDR212 Video Extraction

Mark A. Howard mark at the-howards.net
Mon Feb 24 23:06:02 2003

Hi -

Please excuse the basic/newbie question, but:

I have a classic - the original Philips HDR212, upgraded 20G->80G using
Dylan BootDisk and BlessTivo.  It's been working like a champ.  I installed
a TivoNet in it, and had it all hacked, but this has since been overwritten
by the latest ugprades.

I'm about to begin again, but the basic question: What is the recommended
method to extract the videos from this platform?  I wish to archive shows to
VCD or SVCD on DVD-R media.  Any links, options, opinions welcome.

Yes, I'm reviewing the Tivo Hack FAQ again, but this is mainly about the
best/most-widely-used method for extraction.

Thanks!

-m