[Extractstream [MM]] (no subject)

acoward787 at ofire.com acoward787 at ofire.com
Wed Sep 17 13:41:08 PDT 2003

> My Tivo seems to glitch while playing back video from either
> pre-recorded
> shows or from the 30-minute 'live-TV buffer' -> sometimes the
> glitches last
> anywhere from milliseconds to 3-5 seconds, where the video
> freezes, and (on
> longer glitches) the audio b0rks up as well... when the audio
> does return,
> it may have a higher pitch for (maybe) up to a second thereafter
> - it's
> hard to time exactly...

My S1 Phillips Tivo is having the same problem. It appears to be only with playback and I haven't seen it with live tv and if I backup over a section which had glitches in the video/audio generally I can't get it to reproduce. At first I thought it was the CPU overburdened by all the hack software I put on there so I removed it all except the bash login. That didn't appear to fix the problem.

My guess at this point is that either the Tivo is starting to overheat and cause these issues (not likely) or that the harddrives have become so fragmented that the seek time has become slower then is optimal for playback. I'm thinking of replacing the two drives I currently have in there with 1 Seagate barracuda IV (the nice and silent drive to get that added bonus)

If anyone else has had success getting rid of their glitches let us know!