Consulting for Claire

ludo lamy ludo.lamy@internetMCI.com
Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:33:01 -0500

Here is the situation:

I am waiting for my labor certificate to be processed. Hopefully it will be
processed next spring of 99. In the meantime my H-1B visa expires September
27. Between Sep. 27 and my permanent residency visa, I am supposed to work
for a U.S. company. But I could work either as a full time employee or
contractor for a French company that has an office in the U.S. (Visa E).

The best case would be that a French company hires me, either as a
contractor or employee, than "sells" me to my current company (Pac IBM
Credit Union) for an hourly or monthly fee. So my company would pay the
French company and in turn the French company would pay me. That would be
for a period of 6 to 9 months from September 27. My company is providing
legal help through an immigration attorney in San Francisco for any
questions you might have.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Claire Grosjean,