Bacchanalia - Featuring SC Mtns

ludo lamy ludo.lamy@internetMCI.com
Wed, 02 Sep 1998 12:25:55 -0500

Event980911: (9/11 Fri) Bacchanalia - Featuring SC Mtns Wines

Please respond to Ken who writes:

WHO:   Anyone into tasting and learning more about wine
WHAT:  The Bacchus-X Santa Cruz Mountains Wineries tasting
WHEN:  7:30 to 11pm, Friday, September 11, 1998
WHERE: The Grill Master Restaurant, Saratoga
WHY:   To taste and learn more about SC mtns wines (and it benefits
charity)

COST:  $20, includes the wine and food

LINK(S): http://www.bacchus-x.org

DETAILS:
The proceeds from this event will go benefit The Young Life Capernaum
Project, a charity near and dear to the hearts of many our our members.  To
make this event a fund-raising success, we rely on donations from the local
area wineries that wish to both show off their wines, as well as help us to
raise money for those less fortunate.

The following wineries have already signed up to donate wines for this
event: Mirassou Winery and Thomas Fogarty Winery

Of course, we're looking for more sponsors so if you have contacts, please
have them contact Ken at 408-264-0572.

In addition, we'll be having door prizes, 2 of which are one hour full body
massages from Feri Namdar, Massage Therapist.

LOCATION:
The GrillMaster Restaurant
1480 South De Anza Blvd
(between Prospect Road & Hwy 85)
Cupertino (actually, technically, San Jose, right at the border with
Saratoga)
Hwy 85 and Saratoga/Sunnyvale Rd (aka De Anza Blvd)
408-725-0334

DIRECTIONS:
Just west of Hwy 85 on Saratoga/Sunnyvale Road on the left-hand side

ABOUT BACCHUS-X:
Bringing an appreciation of wines to the X-generation (Bacchus is an
ancient wine god).

We were originally the San Jose chapter of the Wine Brats.  But as we
continued to grow, we found that more and more of our members wanted to do
more than party once every few months.  They had a genuine interest in
learning about wine: how it can be a healthy and enriching part of an
adult's life, and how it pairs with various cuisines to create an
unbelievable culinary experience! Finally our members wanted to use the
group to give back to the community by sponsoring various charitable
events.

So we formed Bacchus-X to do all that.  In addition, we work closely with
local wineries so they can recognize our members as educated wine
enthusiasts that deserve to be treated extra specially.

CONTACT INFO:
Ken Van Roekel
408-264-0572
ken@bacchus-x.org

Tuka Gafari                                        Rational Software
mailto:tuka@rational.com                2800 San Tomas Expressway
408.863.4544                                Santa Clara, CA  95051-0951

Hobbies: tanning by the light of an open refrigerator.

- ---
To unsubscribe, send "signoff afscv-talk" to listserv@magic.metawire.com