[SA-exim] Header Problem.

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 21:05:40 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:19:11 -0800 Marc wrote:

> (I  think I'll  add an  option that  doesn't add  the X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To:
> header if  it is bigger  than a configurable  size, giving the  user the
> option to set it to 0)

While you're at it, is there any chance of an option, something like:

SAaddheaders = $some_exim_condition

which decides if SA-Exim headers such as SA-Exim-Scanned, SA-Exim-Rcpt-To
etc. are added?

They are undoubtedly useful for debugging, but I'd rather not add these
headers to mail all the time, especially outgoing mail. It'd be nice to be
able to switch them on and off, or maybe on for inbound mail only.

Thinking off the top of my head, are there also some potential privacy
issues here, like if a mail is Bcc'd? Assuming your MUA/MTA are set up in
such a way that the 'To:' recipient has no way of telling that someone
else has been Bcc'd, would the SA-Exim-Rcpt-To header not reveal this?

Cheers,

Tim