[SA-exim] Re: tempreject vs. reject for teergrubing

Brian Kendig brian at enchanter.net
Fri Dec 13 02:54:58 2002

>> If I've teergrubed a message and the sender has stuck around for the
>> entire time, I don't want him to try again later...
>
> If it's a real spammer he will probably not try again, unless he is
> really dumb, or you have someone relaying the spam to you.
> If you select do to teergrubing, the idea is to passively hurt the
> spammer, so if he were to be dumb enough to try again, it makes sense
> for sa-exim to try and delay the spammer one more time.
> In other words, it works as designed :-)

Very good point.  :-)  And it makes sense this way!  Thank you for the
clarification!

  ____    |\/|                 Brian Kendig   Set your priorities right.
  \  /\   / ..__.    brian at enchanter net   No one ever said on his
   \/  \__\   _/   http://www.enchanter.net/  death bed, "Gee, if I'd
    \__   __  \_      Be insatiably curious.  only spent more time at
       \____\___\           Ask "why" a lot.  the office."