[SA-exim] SA-Exim logging questions/suggestions

Brian Kendig brian at enchanter.net
Sat Dec 28 15:48:07 2002

A couple of questions and suggestions about the way SA-Exim logs things:

- I'm not saving any rejected mail, so every spam that comes in puts a
'SA: savemail condition expanded to false, not saving message to disk'
in my mainlog.  I really don't need this message every time -- is there
a way of turning it off, short of editing the source code?  Would you
consider removing it in a future version of SA-Exim?

- If the messages for 'teergrube completed' and 'teergrube interrupted'
were more similar, and if the 'completed' message listed the length of
time the message was teergrubed for, it would make grepping the mainlog
and reporting on it easier.  Right now the two messages are:

SA: local_scan stall completed. Sending tempreject
SA: Interrupting Teergrube, remote side closed the connection after
about 1020 secs

I'd like to suggest something like:

SA: teergrube ended after 28800 secs, completed normally
SA: teergrube ended after 1020 secs, remote side closed the connection

I know I can edit the source code for this, but I figured it might be
useful to more people than just me.  ;)

  ____    |\/|                 Brian Kendig   Set your priorities right.
  \  /\   / ..__.    brian at enchanter net   No one ever said on his
   \/  \__\   _/   http://www.enchanter.net/  death bed, "Gee, if I'd
    \__   __  \_      Be insatiably curious.  only spent more time at
       \____\___\           Ask "why" a lot.  the office."